Housing Process: Step Two
The myHousing portal will open again for room selection and you will have access during your designated time slot. If you cannot participate during your assigned time, you can participate at any time after that until the portal closes at the end of the selection period. After logging in to myCampus, clicking on the My Accounts tab, then clicking on myHousing, you will be taken directly to the Room Wizard page of the application and will bypass the other pages you have already completed.
Your time slot will be 15 minutes in length. If your time slot expires before completing your selection, you will automatically be returned to the login page and have the option to begin a new 15 minute signup period.
- Select the building: basic details about the room types in each building will be visible on the page. You can also view this information on the Housing Options page on the web site. Plan to review this information before room selection.
- Select the floor: if no rooms are available on a floor, then that floor will not be visible.
- Select a room: only those rooms available for selection will be visible. Some rooms will be blocked or will already be selected.
- Select a bed: After selecting your bed, you can assign your roommate or roommate group into other beds in the space if they are available. This will happen if you have the earlier time slot of the pair or group and you have linked with your roommate(s) on the Add Roommates Page during Step One. If you are selecting a bed as a single, your time slot will be later after roommate pairs/groups. If you assign yourself into a shared space as a single, the Residence Life Office reserves the right to consolidate you with other singles.
Once the building, floor, room, and bed or beds have been chosen for yourself and any roommate or roommate group, you will click "Save and Continue". You will then go to the Meal Plan page and confirm your choice of meal plan for spring. If you are assigning someone into a room, that person will need to log in during their own time slot, go the Meal Plan page and confirm their meal plan choice.
If your roommate plans have changed prior to the beginning of Step Two, you will need to "unlink" from your roommate(s) on the Add Roommates page which will be open in the portal. If you do not unlink, you will not be able to finish reserving a bed for yourself. If you are changing roommate(s), you need to "link" with the new person by adding their Roommate Search ID# to the Add Roommates page. They will need to accept your request to finalize the link. You can then reserve a bed for yourself and the new roommate(s).
This is where you can see your room/apartment choice and any roommate names. The next page will be the Application Status page which tells you where you are in terms of completing the application. Whether you were the person assigning or being assigned, be sure to stay in communication with each other so that everyone knows the assignment was successful.
If you were not assigned into a space by your roommate as planned, you will need to participate during your own time slot or as close to it as possible. If you have any problems or questions, contact the Residence Life Office at (254) 295-4590 or email@example.com.
Room/Apartment Occupancy Types
Room occupancy varies from building to building. View room details, photographs and floor plans ahead of time on the Housing Options page.
If your preferred space was not available during room/apartment selection or you couldn't sign up with a preferred roommate:
- Go to the Waitlist page which is one of the pages open in the portal during Step Two.
- Fill in the names of your preferred buildings, ranking them in order of priority.
- List the name or names of preferred roommate(s).
If space becomes available in one of your preferred locations, you will be contacted by the Residence Life Office. There is no guarantee that space will become available or that you will be contacted for re-assignment.
Residence Life Office
Location: Bawcom Student Union, Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8006 • Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4590
Page last updated April 17, 2018