How to Submit a Work Order
Submitting your own work order is fast and convenient and there are benefits when you do it yourself such as getting a confirmation e-mail that includes a number you can use to track the progress of your request.
- Before submitting your first work order, you must register. Registration process is only done once
- Use your UMHB e-mail account and create your own password
- Registration information will be pre-populated when you log in the next time. If it isn’t there, just use your UMHB e-mail and the password you created to log in
Creating a Work Order: Go to UMHB.edu/workorder and click on the link on the page
Your personal information should be pre-populated – check to make sure it is correct
- Location: from drop-down - pick your hall, apartment name, or house address
- Area: from drop-down – select your building name or house address. For Independence Village – you will select the name of your building (Ferguson, Hobby, Garner, etc.)
- Area/Room Number field: put in your room/apartment number or house address
- Do not check box next to “Yes , remember my area entries for my next new request”
Select Problem Type: Click on the icon that best describes the problem. If none are appropriate, select GENERAL MAINTENANCE. Select only one option per work order.
- Water leaks or flooding
- Lost or stolen keys
- No power in room/house/apartment
- Anything that creates an unsafe condition (i.e. door cannot be secured, smell of smoke, etc.
Briefly describe your request. You must include enough information for the technician to come prepared to complete the work order.
Example: overhead light in room flickers constantly versus problem with lights
Step 6: umhb1845
Do Not use the password you created as the submittal password
Click Submit to complete your work order. In the confirmation e-mail, look under the heading “New Work Order Notification” to find the number assigned to your order. Use that number to track the progress of your request.
- Log back into the work order system UMHB.edu/workorder
- Click on My Requests at top of page
- Put in the work order number from you confirmation e-mail
Page last updated August 07, 2018