Testing Center Policy & Procedures
Guidelines and Student Responsibilities
- Schedule all tests online at least 2 business days in advance.
- Forward appointment confirmation (Register Blast email) to the professor upon scheduling.
- Contact the professor, at least 2 business days in advance, and ask them to submit the test to the Testing Center.
- Arrive to scheduled appointment on time and prepared to test.
- Present a valid photo ID upon arriving to test and any testing fees.
- Comply with the Testing Center’s guidelines and instructions from staff.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude towards testing center staff at all times.
- Follow all testing guidelines from instructors/professors and Testing Center staff. Assume any penalties from the professor that may result from misunderstandings and misinterpretations of test instructions.
- No talking, making distracting noises, entering/exiting loudly, slamming doors, or creating any other disturbance in the testing rooms.
Hours of Operation
Open Monday-Friday, 8 am - 12 pm and 1 - 5 pm (summer closes at 4 pm). Tests are administered by appointment only. Schedule testing appointments online. Schedule well in advance as testing rooms fill quickly. Testing begins at the scheduled appointment time. Arriving late results in the loss of testing time (minute per minute). Tests are collected five minutes from closing time even if test is not completed so schedule accordingly.
Materials such as notes, textbooks, calculators, scratch paper, and any other aids are not permitted in the testing room unless written permission is granted by the professor. Personal belongings including but not limited to cell phones, smart watches, electronic devices, purses, backpacks, hats, heavy jackets, food, drink, textbooks, notes, or other aids must be placed in the designated areas. Pockets must be emptied of all personal belongings with the exception of wallets, money, debit/credit cards, or ID cards. Personal belongings are not permitted during testing or during breaks. Food or drinks are allowed only if part of a student’s disability and are subject to inspection by Testing Center staff. Blue books will be inspected or swapped out by Testing Center staff. Blue books and scantrons are available for purchase. You are encouraged to not bring personal items to Testing Center. We are not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any items.
Breaks during Testing
You may not leave the testing rooms for breaks, to drink water, or go to the restroom unless accommodations allow due to documented disability. Testing Center staff may grant permission for a bathroom break if emergent and requested by the student. Testing time does not freeze during restroom breaks. If student leaves for any reason without permission, including emergencies, the testing session is terminated and the student will not be able to return to complete testing.
Students using UMHB Testing Center to proctor a correspondence exam are to follow the guidelines for testing at their Independent Study Institution and those of the UMHB Testing Center. Students are responsible for requesting exams from their institution be sent to the Testing Center, contacting their instructor, and filling out any necessary forms required by their institution. The Testing Center will contact the student upon receipt of exam by request.
Tests administered in the Testing Center are monitored and recorded through video surveillance. Test administered off-site are monitored by a proctor (Testing Center staff) who will remain in test room at all times. If you are observed violating our University's Academic Integrity & Honesty standards, it may result in the termination of your test session. The observed behavior and footage (if applicable) will be provided to professors, Dean of Students, or other necessary UMHB personnel for possible disciplinary action.
Students that do not abide by the Testing Center guidelines and student responsibilities, will not be allowed to test in the Testing Center and will have to make arrangements to test with the instructor or at another testing site.
Page last updated September 27, 2018