Final Exams with Accommodations
Schedule to open April 3, 2018
Final exams are administered to students with accommodations (documented disability) only.
If you are not enrolled in the Accommodation Student Assistance Program then you must make alternative testing arrangements with your professor. Testing Services are reserved for students with accommodations during final exam week.
- Final exam appointments scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. Schedule early.
- Exams scheduled in blocks of time to allow for extended testing time. Time-and-a-half (3 hours) test at 8:00 am, 11:00 am, or 2:00 pm. Double time (4 hours) test at 8:00 am or 1:00 pm.
- Select time closest to when class is testing. Example: Don’t select 2pm for an 8am exam. Permission required from professor to test at different date and time.
- Select the appropriate exam according to your allowed accommodations. Access code (student id) is set in accordance with your letter of accommodations.
- Select accommodations allowed and needed for the exam you are scheduling. If not selected they will not be provided. Accommodations verified before given.
Attention Nursing Students
- Choose exam group: “Final Exam - Accommodations for Nursing”
- Choose one of the following options according to your accommodations: Time-and-half, Double Time, Time-and-half (Isolated Room), Double Time (Isolated Room)
- Access codes (UMHB ID numbers) are set in accordance with your allowed accommodations.
- Select only the day your course is scheduled to test. Permission only granted by your professor to test on a different day.
Due to the length of these exams, we have arranged for testing to be administered in the Nursing Education Center instead of the Testing Center as we are limited on space. Your exams will be administered with accommodations by the NURS department staff. This includes the use of isolated rooms.
Guidelines for Exam Day
- Arriving late is unacceptable, just as it is in the classroom. Late arrivals (15 minutes or more) not permitted to test. Permission to reschedule is required from professor. Please note professors may not allow rescheduling.
- Early arrivals appreciated; however testing begins at the scheduled appointment time.
- Bring all required materials. Calculators not provided for final exams.
- Blue books, scantrons, mini-essay books are available while supplies last for 25₵ each. Payment is required at the time of testing. Professors do not provide these nor do we.
How to schedule through RegisterBlast
- Click“Schedule Exam” button. You will be redirected to the UMHB RegisterBlast page.
- Select “Accommodation” or “Accommodation (Isolated Room)”. Only students with the accommodation of an isolated room have access to this page.
- Complete the form with your exam information.
- THE ACCESS CODE IS YOUR STUDENT ID NUMBER. Access codes ensure students are scheduling exams for the appropriate length of times and the correct exam group.
- After completing the form, click “Add to Cart”.
- Review your submission (in your cart) then click “Complete Registration” button. If you don not click this button you will not be scheduled.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email. Forward your confirmation to your professor. We will not notify them as we are not using Outlook calendar anymore. This is your responsibility. You may also need to contact them in person depending on how your professor likes to be notified.
How to reschedule/cancel an appointment
- Click on the button “Reschedule/Cancel Exam”.
- Enter your email address that you used to schedule your exam on the History Request page. Click continue.
- An email will be sent to you with a link that you will click on to change your appointment.
- You will be directed to your “History” page that will list your previously scheduled exams.
- You can then reschedule or cancel any exams listed.
DO NOT CONTACT UMHB I.T. FOR ANY ISSUES WITH REGISTERBLAST!
If you have any issues while using RegisterBlast, you must contact Testing Services by emailing email@example.com.
Page last updated January 08, 2018