ACT National Assessment
The ACT Assessment was designed to measure knowledge and skills typically taught in high school that are important for successfully completing a college education. It contains four tests including English, Mathematics, Reading, Science Reasoning, and an optional Writing test. This exam is administered nationwide.
ACT Residual Assessment
The purpose of the ACT Residual Assessment is for UMHB to obtain data on enrolled, admitted, or applicant students who were unable to take the ACT Assessment on a national test date.
Please consult the dates below for the next available test date.
Eligibility Requirements for the ACT Residual (one of the following):
- Currently enrolled at UMHB.
- Admitted to UMHB.
- Submitted an application for admission to UMHB.
Administered on the following dates in concurrence with Sader Days:
Please note: Due to social distancing guidelines only 8 spots will be available for each date.
- Friday, January 29, 2021
- Monday, February 15, 2021
- Friday, February 26, 2021
- Monday, March 8, 2021
- Friday, March 26, 2021
* Testing will begin at 1:00 p.m. please arrive 15 minutes early. *
Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time. Late arrivals will not be permitted to test.
Financial Aid deadline is April 1st to submit ACT/SAT scores for the following Fall 2021 semester. Scores submitted after this date will not meet the Academic Scholarship Requirement for the fall semester.
UMHB Testing Location:
Counseling, Testing & Health Services Suite
Mabee Student Success Center (3rd floor)
905 Moore Street
Belton, TX 76513
$65 non-refundable fee to be paid at the time of registration. Only register for a testing date that you are sure you will be able to attend.
Test Day Schedule:
- 15 minutes Before Start Time - Report & Check-In
- 1:00 p.m. - Exam Start Time - Seating & Instructions
- Test 1 - English = 45 minutes
- Test 2 - Mathematics = 60 minutes
- Break = 10 minutes
- Test 3 - Reading = 35 minutes
- Test 4 - Science Reasoning = 35 minutes
- Dismissal of Examinees
*Times are approximate
Important Testing Information
What to bring:
- Valid photo ID (driver's license, military ID, school ID) is REQUIRED.
- Examinees may bring any 4-function, scientific, or graphing calculator for use on the Math section only. Calculators with built-in or downloaded computer algebra system functionality are prohibited.
- Sharpened, soft lead no. 2 pencils with good erasers.
- Snack and/or drink for the 10-minute break (halfway through the exam). Testing will be approximately 4 hours long.
What NOT to bring:
- Any electronic device, other than permitted calculator. This includes mobile phone, smart watch, fitness band, media player, tablet, headphones, and camera. If you must bring these items with you, notify the proctor to have them stored away (out of the testing room).
- Reading material, textbooks, dictionaries, scratch paper, notes, or other aids.
- Highlight pens, colored pens, or pencils, or correction fluid/tape.
ACT Residual scores:
- Scores are only valid at the UMHB and will not be released to any other institution.
- Scores are available in 3 business days.
- You will be called with the score results. Printed copies not provided.
- The ACT Residual test may be retaken 60 days from the day you tested.
- Attempting to test before the 60-day re-test period results in cancelled scores and your fee will not be refunded.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after you complete the registration and submit your payment. Dates and times may be subject to change based on availability.
- Payment is non-refundable or transferable. Please be sure you will be able to attend before registering for a particular date. Please contact Student Disability and Testing Services for more details at (254-295-4696).
- Review ACT Residual Prohibited Behavior at the Test Center. If any of these prohibited behaviors are observed or suspected on test day, the individuals who engaged in the prohibited behavior will not have their answer documents scored, will forfeit their registration for that test date, and will have no right to refunds or appeals.
- Persons with disabilities are responsible for contacting and providing documentation to Blayne Alaniz, Director of Student Disability and Testing Services, prior to scheduling. Arrangements will be made to test under conditions that meet their special requirements. Persons taking the Residual ACT with accommodations will be scheduled for an individual appointment.
Thank you for your interest in taking the Residual ACT at UMHB. Before you register, please ensure you have read and understand the previous information. If you have any questions, please call the Testing Center at (254) 295-4696 or email Blayne Alaniz at email@example.com.Residual ACT Registration
Page last updated November 23, 2020