ACT National Assessment
The ACT Assessment was designed to measure knowledge and skills typically taught in high school that are important for successfully completing a college education. It contains four tests including English, Mathematics, Reading, Science Reasoning, and an optional Writing test. This exam is administered nationwide.
Test Dates (National):
February 10, 2018
April 14, 2018
June 9, 2018
July 14, 2018
ACT Residual Assessment
The purpose of the ACT Residual Assessment is for UMHB to obtain data on enrolled, admitted, or applicant students who were unable to take the ACT Assessment on a national test date.
Eligibility Requirements for the ACT Residual (one of the following):
- Currently enrolled at UMHB.
- Admitted to UMHB.
- Submitted an application for admission to UMHB.
Test Dates (UMHB):
ACT Residual is administered on Sader Days in the spring. Sader Days are one day group visits for perspective students to experience campus life. During your visit you may take the ACT Residual test. You do not have to take the test during your visit. You may choose to test on any of the below dates.
Administered on the following dates:
June 8, 2018 (Friday) at 8:30 am
June 22, 2018 (Friday) at 8:30 am - FULL
July 13, 2018 (Friday) at 8:30 am
July 27, 2018 (Friday) at 8:30 am
Financial Aid deadline is July 1, 2018 to submit ACT/SAT scores for the fall semester. Scores submitted after this date will not meet the Academic Scholarship Requirement for the fall semester.
IMPORTANT: Report to the Testing Center 15 minutes before the start time.
Testing begins promptly at the scheduled time. Late arrivals will not be permitted to test.
UMHB Testing Location:
Counseling, Testing & Health Services Office Mabee Student Success Center (3rd floor)
$65 non-refundable fee to be paid at the time of registration. Only register for a testing date that you are sure you will be able to attend.
Test Day Schedule:
- 15 minutes Before Start Time - Report & Check-In
- Exam Start Time - Seating & Instructions
- Test 1 - English = 45 minutes
- Test 2 - Mathematics = 60 minutes
- Break = 10 minutes
- Test 3 - Reading = 35 minutes
- Test 4 - Science Reasoning = 35 minutes
- Dismissal - Examinees Not Taking Writing
- Break = 5 minutes
- Writing Test = 40 minutes (if applicable)
- Dismissal of Examinees
*Times are approximate
Important Testing Information
What to bring:
- Valid photo ID (driver's license, military ID, school ID) is REQUIRED.
- Examinees may bring any 4-function, scientific, or graphing calculator for use on the Math section only. Calculators with built-in or downloaded computer algebra system functionality are prohibited.
- Sharpened, soft lead no. 2 pencils with good erasers.
- Snack and/or drink for the 10 minute break (halfway through the exam). Testing will be approximately 4 hours long.
What NOT to bring:
- Any electronic device, other than permitted calculator. This includes mobile phone, smart watch, fitness band, media player, tablet, headphones, and camera. If you must bring these items with you, notify the proctor to have them stored away (out of the testing room).
- Reading material, textbooks, dictionaries, scratch paper, notes, or other aids.
- Highlight pens, colored pens, or pencils, or correction fluid/tape.
ACT Residual scores:
- Scores are only valid at the UMHB and will not be released to any other institution.
- Scores are available in 3 business days.
- You will be called with the score results. Printed copies not provided.
- A writing score is required for Admissions that is used for placement into UMHB courses.
- You may submit a writing score from ACT, SAT or Accuplacer. Accuplacer must include both Sentence Skills and WritePlacer sections.
- UMHB may administer the Accuplacer Writing in place of the ACT Writing. You may choose to take the Accuplacer on a separate date. Schedule Accuplacer Writing by clicking here.
- The ACT Residual test may be retaken 60 days from the day you tested.
- Attempting to test before the 60 day re-test period results in cancelled scores and your fee will not be refunded.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after you complete the registration and submit your payment. Dates and times may be subject to change based on availability.
- Payment is non-refundable or transferable. Please be sure you will be able to attend before registering for a particular date. Please contact Counseling, Testing & Health Services for more details at (254-295-4696).
- Review ACT Residual Prohibited Behavior at the Test Center. If any of these prohibited behaviors are observed or suspected on test day, the individuals who engaged in the prohibited behavior will not have their answer documents scored, will forfeit their registration for that test date, and will have no right to refunds or appeals.
- Persons with disabilities are responsible for contacting and providing documentation to Nate Williams, Director of Counseling, Testing, & Health Services, prior to scheduling. Arrangements will be made to test under conditions that meet their special requirements. Persons taking the Residual ACT with accommodations will be scheduled for an individual appointment. Please contact the Testing Services for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in taking the Residual ACT at UMHB. Before you register, please ensure you have read and understand the previous information. If you have any questions, please call the Testing Center at (254) 295-4696.
Page last updated June 18, 2018