CLEP - Credit by Exam
Services are offered to currently enrolled UMHB students. Persons not enrolled at UMHB will need to find an alternative testing site.
- The CLEP fee is $87 due at the time of registration (on the CLEP website). Effective July 1, 2018, the CLEP exam fee will be $87.
- CLEP Examinations are administered by computer only and last approximately 90 minutes.
- Score results available for most exams upon completion, with exception of exams with essays. UMHB will receive your essay exam score report 3–4 weeks after your test date.
- You may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled and any test fees will be forfeited.
- Detailed descriptions of CLEP Examinations, sample questions, and suggested resources for preparation are included in The CLEP Official Study Guide, available at most major bookstores, or from the CLEP website: clep.collegeboard.org/test-preparation.
- The CLEP Official Study Guide is the official study resource for all 33 CLEP exams. It includes practice questions for all exams, exam descriptions, information on getting credit for CLEP and test-taking tips and strategies.
- If you plan to take just one or two CLEP exams, you may want to purchase the individual CLEP exam guides
Testing Center Guidelines
- CLEP exams are administered to currently enrolled UMHB students. Persons not enrolled at UMHB must take CLEP at another testing center. UMHB student ID number is requested upon scheduling. You are also required to present your CRU card when you come to take your exam.
- All appointment requests must be submitted at least 3 business days in advance of your preferred testing date.
- A proctor fee of $30 is due at the time of testing (cash, check, CRU card, credit/debit).
- Two forms of valid photo ID are required when you come to test. First form of ID (government issued): Driver’s License, State ID card, Passport, or Military ID. Second form of ID required: CRU card (UMHB ID)
- Review the UMHB Policies of Credit by Exam before registering for the CLEP exam.
- Refer to the Credit by Exam Chart for UMHB courses eligible for credit by exam.
- Persons with disabilities are responsible for contacting the Testing Center (254) 295-4696 and must provide documentation in order to test with accommodations. This must be done prior to setting an appointment to test. Arrangements will be made to test under conditions that meet their special requirements.
- A transcription fee of $60 per course is required for all credit by exam and is assessed by the Bursar's Office. This fee must be paid before credit by exam is recorded on the student's official transcript.
Ready to Test?
- Register and pay for the CLEP exam online at https://ecl.collegeboard.org/account/login.jsp?applicationId=285&destinationpage=http://clep.collegeboard.org/
- Print your registration ticket. You MUST bring your ticket with you to your testing appointment. Exams cannot be administered without the registration ticket.
- Schedule a time to test at UMHB through RegisterBlast, click button below.
Page last updated August 27, 2019