This page is for students enrolled in the Accommodation Student Assistance Program.
- You are REQUIRED to forward your appointment confirmation (RegisterBlast email) to your professor. This is the MOST important step of scheduling an exam. Testing Services will NOT contact your professor to request your exam.
- Schedule your exam on the same day and time the class is taking it. If you have a scheduling conflict you must get permission from your professor to test at a different time.
- Testing requests must be submitted at least 2 business days in advance of your preferred testing dates. Requests not meeting this requirement will be denied.
- Allow at least 1 business day for processing your request.
- A confirmation email will be sent from RegisterBlast when your test is scheduled. If you do not receive a confirmation call Testing Services. Times may be subject to change based on availability.
Testing Center Policy & Procedures
- Testing sessions are monitored/recorded through video surveillance. Footage provided to professors, Dean of Students, or other UMHB personnel if you are observed violating our University's Academic Integrity & Honesty standards.
- Abide by the Testing Center's guidelines and instructions from testing staff.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude towards testing center staff at all times.
- No talking, making distracting noises, entering/exiting loudly, slamming doors, or creating any other disturbances.
- Materials such as notes, textbooks, calculators, or other aids are only allowed per written instructions from your professor.
- Personal belongings such as cell phones, electronic devices, purses, backpacks, hats, heavy jackets, food, drink, textbooks, notes, or other aids must be placed in the designated areas. Empty your pockets of all belongings with the exception of your wallet/money.
- You are encouraged to not bring personal items to Testing Center. We are not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any items.
- You may not access any personal belongings during your testing session. Do not take anything out of your pockets.
- You may not leave the testing room for breaks to drink water or any other reason. Restroom breaks need to be taken prior to testing. If you leave for any reason including emergencies, the testing session is terminated and you will not be able to complete testing unless written permission is granted by your professor.
- September 3 (M) – Labor Day
- November 21-23 (W-F) – Thanksgiving Break
- November 30 (F) – Final Exam Prep
Closures may include campus-wide events and assemblies.
How to schedule an appointment:
- Click “Schedule Exam” button below. You will be redirected to the UMHB RegisterBlast scheduling page.
- Choose a group. Select “Accommodation” or “Accommodation (Isolated Room)”. Choose according to your allowed accommodations (refer to your notification letter).
- Choose an exam. Select time allowed according to your accommodations. (calculate x 1.5 or x 2 of the class allowed testing time)
- Choose a date. Select the day the class is taking the exam (professor’s permission is required for a different date).
- Choose a time. Select time closest to when the class is testing (permission is required for a different time).
- Complete all required fields. Be sure to use the email address you check most often.
- Enter access code. ACCESS CODE = STUDENT ID NUMBER (exclude zeros in front). Access codes ensure students are scheduling exams for the appropriate length of times and the correct exam group. If your access code is denied check to see you selected the appropriate options according to your accommodations.
- Needed information. Select accommodations needed for that specific exam (verified before granting). If you do not request the accommodation for the exam it will not be provided to you.
- Add to cart. Review your submission (in your cart) then click the “Complete Registration” button. If you do not click this button you will not be scheduled.
- Forward your confirmation to your professor. A confirmation email will be sent to your email. We will not notify them as we are not using Outlook calendar anymore. This is your responsibility. You may also need to contact them in person depending on how your professor likes to be notified.
How to reschedule/cancel an appointment:
- Click on the button “Reschedule/Cancel Exam”.
- Enter your email address that you used to schedule your exam on the History Request page. Click continue.
- An email will be sent to you with a link that you will click on to change your appointment.
- You will be directed to your “History” page that will list your previously scheduled exams.
- You can then reschedule or cancel any exams listed.
DO NOT CONTACT UMHB I.T. FOR ANY ISSUES WITH REGISTERBLAST!
If you have any issues while using RegisterBlast, you must contact Testing Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated September 27, 2018