Sadermail is UHMB's email service. Sadermail is powered by Google. Gmail provides unlimited storage and contains features such as integrated chat and phishing protection. Your Sadermail account is the official means of communication between you and the university. Plan on checking it often. If you want to forward your Sadermail to another email account, you are free to do so, but please remember that all electronic communications from UMHB will be sent to your Sadermail accountFor more information, see Google's Gmail information page.
Your Sadermail account is a separate account that allows you to send and receive email using your @mail.umhb.edu email address. Your Sadermail account provides all of the benefits of Gmail in an ad-free environment.
In addition to your new and improved Sadermail email account, students also have access to a wide variety of additional Google applications. These applications include Google Docs, Google Talk IM, Google Calendar, and a host of other applications and gadgets.
Your Google Apps at UMHB account is part of a software suite called Google Apps for Education, which Google offers to educational institutions and non-profit organizations. Google decides which services to include in the Google Apps for Education software suite. However, most of the features you are used to should be available.
Your Google Apps at UMHB account is also subject to Google's terms of service and privacy policies.
Your Sadermail account is the official means of communication between you and the university. Plan on checking it often. If you want to forward your Sadermail to another email account, you are free to do so, but please remember that all electronic communications from UMHB will be sent to your Sadermail account.
You can forward your Sadermail account to any email of your choice. When you set up the forwarding, you have the option of:
- Keeping a copy of your Sadermail emails in your sadermail inbox
- Marking them as read
- Archiving the Sadermail emails
- Deleting the Sadermail emails
Basic forwarding instructions are listed below.
- Login to your SaderMail account at umhb.edu/sadermail
- Click the settings icon and select "Settings"
- Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab
- In the Forwarding section, click "Add a Forwarding Address"
- Enter the new email address in the popup. It will send a confirmation email to the new address. Follow the instructions on the confirmation email to complete the process.
- Then, go back to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab and check the radio button next to your new email.
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page to finish.
Yes. You can access your Sadermail account using POP, IMAP, and mobile email programs. See the links below for more information. When configuring your email program, write your username in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org and use your Google password. NOTE: Your Google password is different than your Single Sign On password. Your Google password is generally an 8-digit number: 1845 + the last four digits of your social security number. Once you have configured your email program, you will send and receive email using your @mail.umhb.edu address.
You can share documents with anyone who has a Gmail account by listing the person's Gmail address in the Share This Document screen. If you enter an email address of someone without a Gmail account in the Share This Document screen, that person will receive an invitation to create a Gmail account.
Below you will find links to Google's website for help with the applications that are part of the Google Apps at UMHB software suite. Topics include information on how to get started with Google Apps, using the various email, productivity, and collaboration tools, as well as information on troubleshooting.
InfoTech provides support for setting up and managing your Google Apps at UMHB account. InfoTech is not able to provide support for using the applications contained in the Google Apps at UMHB software suite. For help using Google's software, please see the Google Support site.
If you encounter any problems or have questions related to signing up for Sadermail, call InfoTech at (254) 295-4658 or send an email to email@example.com. For questions relating to Google's web-based applications, please visit the Google Support website.
Before creating their Sadermail accounts, students will have to review the privacy information associated with the Sadermail account below:
- UMHB will send Google students' names, UMHB email addresses, and the Google passwords that students create for use with their Google Apps at UMHB accounts.
- Student names and UMHB email addresses will be visible to other Google Apps at UMHB users in collaborative spaces, such as shared documents and shared calendars.
- If a document is shared with individuals who have standard Gmail accounts, these individuals will see the names and email addresses of all the people sharing a document, including those of UMHB students.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex, First Floor
Office Hours: M-F • 8 am - 5 pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
Extended Help Desk (Fall and Spring): M-Th • 5 pm - 10 pm • Call-in support only
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4658 • Fax: (254) 295-4221
Page last updated April 21, 2021