Pre-Upgrade Check List
- Do you have any personal, department specific software you installed on your computer?
- You will need the original media to install it on your upgraded computer.
- This includes test banks, textbook software, Spotify, iTunes, etc.
- Have you orgranized all your documents?
- Put all files and folders in the appropiate folder. (My Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music folders) InfoTech will back up all files in these locations.
- InfoTech is unable to backup files that are stored in non-standard locations such as the root of C:\.
- Have you cleaned off your computer?
- Please take off all personal items from your computer such as: fragile decorations, notes, knick-knacks, etc.
- If the monitor is on top of your computer, please remove items from it as well.
InfoTech does not want to damage any personal belongings in the process of pickup and delivery of your computer.
- InfoTech will contact you to schedule a day for the upgrade.
- InfoTech will pick up your computer the morning of your scheduled upgrade.
- The process will take 4 to 6 hours depending on the amount of data to be transferred.
- InfoTech will deliver the computer and reconnect everything that was previously connected, including printers.
- Software: InfoTech will re-install all previously installed IT software but will NOT install any non-standard programs. Non-standard programs include, but is not limited to, test banks, textbook software, Weather Bug, Spotify, iTunes, etc.
- Please locate the original software for reinstallation after you receive your upgraded computer
- InfoTech will back up and restore:
- Files stored in Documents, Desktop, Pictures, Video, and Music folders.
- Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome favorites.
- All Outlook contents, including email address book and saved emails.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex, First Floor
Office Hours: M-F • 8 am - 5 pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
Extended Help Desk: M-Th • 5 pm - 10 pm (Fall and Spring, Call-in support only)
email@example.com • (254) 295-4658 • Fax: (254) 295-4221
Page last updated July 02, 2018