How do I connect to the Internet?
If your device has both a wired and a wireless connection, you will need to register both connections separately. You will be asked to register your device the first time you connect to a wired connection and the first time you connect to a wireless connection.
Connecting to the Wireless Network
- Select "CruNet" from your list of available wireless networks. You may see a network error icon once connected. This is normal.
- Once connected, open your internet browser.
- Register your device using your Single Sign-On credentials.
- Read the "Acceptable Use Policy."
- Check "I accept the terms" and then click "Login."
- The program will automatically configure your device to connect.
- Once the tool closes, you should be connected to the UMHB CruNet. No further action is required.
NOTE: When the gray progress bar disappears, you will be redirected to the website you requested when you opened your browser. If not, restart your computer.
Connecting to the Wired Network
For wired connections, connect your device to the wired network and follow steps 2-7 above.
Manually Registering Devices
If you are having trouble registering a device, your device does not have a web browser, or you have several devices you'd like to register at one time, try this manual registration process:
- Go to www.umhb.edu/crunet.
- Check the box to accept the terms.
- Register using your Single Sign-On credentials.
- Enter the MAC address of the device you'd like to register under your account.
- Click Register.
- Repeat this process for all of the devices you'd like to register.
A MAC address is a 12 character network identifier assigned to any network device. If you need help finding the MAC address of your device, try googling it - like "find PS4 MAC address" or "find Xbox MAC address" or "find Vizio smart tv MAC address."
For devices that have both wired and wireless network connections, you'll need to register both the wired and the wireless MAC addresses.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex, First Floor
Office Hours: M-F • 8 am - 5 pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
Extended Help Desk: M-Th • 5 pm - 10 pm (Fall and Spring, Call-in support only)
email@example.com • (254) 295-4658 • Fax: (254) 295-4221
Page last updated May 16, 2018