2017-18 Tax Information
Your FAFSA was selected, by the Department of Education, for verification. This is a process of checking to make sure the data provided on the FAFSA is accurate. We are required to verify that the tax information provided on the FAFSA matches the information provided to the IRS. Please select the appropriate option below:
I have filed my 2015 taxes
Unfortunately the IRS and the Deparment of Education have removed the ability to link the tax information using the IRS Data Retreival Tool. However, the Department of Education recently released guidance that schools can now accept a signed copy of the 2015 1040 Form.
1040 Form Submission
Fax: (254) 295-5009
UMHB Box 8080
900 College St.
Belton, TX. 76513
I filed an extension
Individuals Granted a Filing Extension by the IRS
An individual who is required to file a 2015 IRS income tax return and has been granted a filing extension by the IRS, must provide all of the following:
- A copy of IRS Form 4868, "Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return," that was filed with the IRS for tax year 2015;
- A copy of the IRS's approval of an extension beyond the automatic six-month extension if the individual requested an additional extension of the filing time for tax year 2015;
- A copy of IRS Form W–2 for each source of employment income received for tax year 2015 and,
- If self-employed, a signed statement certifying the amount of the individual’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and the U.S. income tax paid for tax year 2015.
I filed an amended return.
An individual who filed an amended IRS income tax return for tax year 2015 must provide:
- A 2015 1040 Form;
- A signed copy of the 2015 IRS Form 1040X, “Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return,” that was filed with the IRS.
More information on requesting an IRS Tax Return Transcript.
I am a victim of identity theft.
Individuals Who Were Victims of IRS Tax-Related Identity Theft
An individual who was the victim of IRS tax-related identity theft must provide:
A victim of IRS identity theft who is not able to obtain a 2015 IRS Tax Return Transcript or use the IRS DRT must contact the IRS at 1-800-908-4490. Upon authentication of the tax filer’s identity, the IRS will provide, by U.S. Postal Service, a printout of the tax filer’s 2015Transcript DataBase View (TRDBV).
- a statement signed and dated by the tax filer indicating that he or she was a victim of IRS tax-related identity theft and that the IRS has been made aware of the tax-related identity theft.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex
Address: 900 College Street Box 8080 | Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (254) 295-4517 • Fax: (254) 295-5009
Page last updated February 14, 2018