Scholarships and Funds
Townsend Memorial Scholarship
Each year the UMHB Alumni Association awards the Townsend Memorial Scholarships to deserving students. The scholarships are preferably, but not exclusively, for children and relatives of alumni and former students. Scholarships are awarded for a full academic year, and re-application is required for renewal. Applications are due no later than January 13, 2021.
Please review the scholarship's guidelines below before applying:
- This need-based scholarship shall be given to deserving students who must maintain good Christian, moral, ethical and scholastic standing.
- It will be preferably but not exclusively for alumni, their sons and daughters, and relatives of alumni and ex-students.
- The scholarship shall be given for a period of one academic year consisting of two semesters with reapplication required for renewal. Seniors with one semester remaining until graduation may be considered.
- The recipient must be a full-time student enrolled for at least twelve hours per semester. In the event that there is a reduction of semester hours, the scholarship shall be terminated.
- The scholarships shall be awarded according to the decision of a standing committee to be appointed by the Alumni Association president. The committee shall determine the number and amounts of each scholarship.
- Applications shall be submitted no later than January 17, 2020.
- Periodic review of the recipients is the prerogative of the Townsend Scholarship Committee. Failure to meet the above guidelines may result in a reduction or termination of the scholarship.
The Young Alumni Board Missions Fund
The YAB Missions Fund has been made possible by the Young Alumni Board, and is intended to support currently enrolled UMHB students attending UMHB-sponsored mission trips or GO Now mission trips.
This missions fund was created to encourage and provide opportunities for UMHB students to experience missions while attending UMHB, and to assist in reducing the overall cost of these trips. These mission funds are made possible through gifts of alumni and friends of the university who believe in the work done through student missions.
The YAB Missions Fund will be awarded by the Young Alumni Board based on the number of applicants and available funds.
- Fall Application Deadline: October 15
- Fall Notification Date: November 15
- Spring Application Deadline: April 1
- Spring Notification Date: May 1
Recipients must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Be a committed Christian whose life is reflective of the gospel.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours per semester.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time the YAB Missions Fund is awarded and not be on academic probation.
- Show need for financial assistance.
Location: Musick Alumni Center and Museum at the Parker House
Address: 900 College Street Box 8427 | Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm
email@example.com • (254) 295-4599
Page last updated April 07, 2020