- Are students who have excelled in their courses and come highly recommended by their professors.
- Attend intensive and on-going training on conducting SI sessions and how to facilitate student learning effectively.
- Are supervised by a trained professional staff at the Center for Academic Excellence.
- Are themselves students in the course in that they attend class, take notes, participate in class activities and do assigned readings.
What can you expect in SI sessions?
SI leaders generally come prepared with something for the students to do. Such as:
- Working in teams on practice quizzes.
- Learning problem-solving techniques.
- How to take, review and organize your notes effectively.
- Predicting test questions and learning more about the kinds of questions that may appear on exams or quizzes.
- Activities to help you learn the language (vocabulary) of the discipline.
- Critical reviews of your exams to help you tailor your studying to fix common test-taking problems.
- SI Leaders DO NOT re-teach or re-lecture. They are trained to facilitate learning.
Interested in being an SI Leader?Apply Now
Meet the SI Leaders
BIOL 2340, Anatomy & Physiology
- Monday at 5:15 pm in Wells 239
- Tuesday at 4:15 pm in Wells 131
- Wednesday at 5:15 pm in Wells 239
MUSI 1331, Music Theory
- Tuesday at 4 pm in Presser 108
- Thursday at 4 pm in Presser 108
- Sunday at 5 pm in Presser 108
MATH 1320, Pre Calculus
- Tuesday at 11 am in Wells 242
- Wednesday at 7 pm in Wells 242
- Thursday at 8 pm in Wells 242
SPAN 1410, Spanish 1
- Thursday at 7 pm in Library 105
- Friday at 2 pm in Davidson 204
- Sunday at 7 pm in Library 105
CHEM 1410, General Chemistry
- Monday at 1 pm in Wells 152
- Tuesday at 6 pm in York 117
- Wednesday at 5 pm in York 117
PSYC 1301, General Psychology
- Monday at 5 pm in York 110
- Tuesday at 2 pm in Wells 131
- Wednesday at 12:30 pm in Wells 131
MATH 1306, College Algebra
- Monday at 4 pm in York 110
- Wednesday at 4 pm in York 110
- Friday at 4 pm in York 110
CHEM 4430, BioChemistry
- Monday at 6 pm in Wells 241
- Wednesday at 5 pm in Wells 152
- Thursday at 11:30 am in Wells 131
Location: Mabee Student Success Center, Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8426 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
email@example.com • (254) 295-4475
Page last updated September 06, 2018