Welcome to UMHB! Your new journey is about to begin, and your success is our priority! There are so many new friends to meet and new places to explore, but there are also challenges to be faced. You will soon learn college is not like anything else you have ever experienced. The choices and decisions you make in college could have long-term effects on your career and your life. So, make wise choices and take responsibility for your actions as you begin your “Education for life…Experience of a lifetime."
Welcome to UMHB! College is an unforgettable time and we are so excited to share this journey with you. Crunk knows the transition to college can be a little overwhelming so watch social media #first45 for tips and suggestions to help you succeed. It is almost time for your first day of classes so here are some ways to make sure you are ready.
- Print off your schedule, including locations. Your class location may have changed since you first registered for classes. If you don’t know where a building is located, ask your Welcome Week leader.
- Download the Cru Mobile App. The CruMobile App keeps you up to date with the latest from UMHB with access to myCampus, social media, UMHB calendar of events, and even a campus map!
- Go to class! All of them! Often times attendance and participation count toward your part of your grade. More importantly, missing class can’t help prepare you for what you came here to learn.
Make sure to follow us on social media #first45 for more helpful tips as you transition to UMHB.
Now that classes have started, a little planning will help keep you on track. Print your syllabus from each class and get your calendar. Make sure you update all your calendars, electronic and hard copy planners.
- Start with important deadlines. When is your test? When is that paper due? You may find it helpful to color code your classes.
- Go over your weekly schedule. Write down when all of your classes meet, including labs. Then write down any other non-negotiables (work, practice, organization meetings, even meal time). Set aside blocks of time that you can work on assignments each week.
- Schedule in some free time! This is college. College is fun! By scheduling time to complete assignments you can enjoy your downtime guilt-free! Make sure your time at UMHB is an Experience of a Lifetime.
- Don’t forget to organize your class notes too! Do you want to use separate binders or spirals? Whatever works best for you.
- Make sure you back up all of your assignments. All assignments are due on their due date and electronic error doesn’t cut it. Be responsible and have a back up!
If you need help getting organized, come by the CAE in Mabee Student Success Center. We are here to help!
For more information on completing your FAFSA check out the Financial Aid page!
Registration for the spring semester begins soon! Now is the time to meet with your advisor. Do you know who your advisor is? If not, follow these steps so you can figure it out:
- Log into myCampus
- Select the “Personal Info” link under your name on the left sidebar
- Choose the “Academic Info” tab
- Your advisor(s) should be listed in the right column towards the top
Come prepared to meet with your advisor. Have you looked at your degree plan? Do you know where the classes you have already taken fit into your degree plan? Bring a list of potential classes you want to take next semester, along with any questions to ask your advisor.
Are you interested in a Study Abroad program? Do you want a summer internship? Your advisor is here for you! They are here to help you on this journey. Get to know them and let them get to know you.
Some advisors schedules fill up very quickly, so make your appointment soon!
Top 10 List
Location: Mabee Student Success Center, Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8426 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4475
Page last updated September 27, 2018