- Advising Calendar: When can I register for my classes?
- Changing my major: If you are planning on changing your major, please meet with your advisor or come by the CAE in Mabee Student Success building and complete a Change of Major form.
- Choosing a major: Still not sure what you want to major in? Visit our Career Services office. Complete their career assessment or interest inventory to help narrow potential careers.
- Degree Plans
- Class Schedule Worksheet
- Prepare for Advising
- Financial Costs: Finances are an important part of your decision-making in college. Your choices influence your time at UMHB. Do you know how much it cost for you to attend UMHB?
- College completion worksheet: It’s important to be focused on your goals. Do you know what it takes for you to graduate?
- How to Register for My Classes
- GPA calculator
Core courses required for all undergraduate degrees.
There are core courses that are required for every degree plan at UMHB. Throughout the succeeding degree requirements, certain core courses have been grouped into categories. The following is a breakdown of these groupings.
Art, Drama/Theatre, and Music
- BADM 3311 Global Competition and International Business
- BECO 4342 Contemporary Economic Issues
- CSCH 4311 Antisemitism, Christianity, and the Holocaust
- ENGL 2370 Literature and Social Consciousness
- ENGL 2336 Global Perspectives
- ENGL 3335 Contemporary Global Literature
- EXSS 2353 Lifespan Nutrition (Theory Course)
- PSYC 4330 Multicultural Psychology
- or any social science course
(The above ENGL courses may not be used by English Majors to meet the Global Issues requirement)
Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, and Physics Scientific Inquiry:
- BIOL 2301 Endangered Species
- ENGR 2301 The Effects of Climate Change
- PSYC 2314 Psychological Methods
- SOCW 4312 Social Work Research I
- or any natural science course Social Sciences—Archaeology, Criminal Justice, Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology
- ARCH 4345 Archaeology of Syria-Palestine
- ARTS 2351 Art History I
- ARTS 2352 Art History II
- ENGL 2330 Classical Influences
- HIST 1311 History of World Civilizations to 1500
- HIST 1312 History of World Civilizations since 1500
- HIST 2340 Historical Inquiry, Research, and Method
- HIST 3362 History of Latin America
- HIST 3370 History of England to 1707
- HIST 3371 History of Great Britain Since 1707
- HIST 4313 History of Western Political Thought Through the Enlightenment
- HIST 4314 History of Western Political Thought from the Nineteenth Century to the Present
- HIST 4340 Ancient Greece & Hellenistic World
- HIST 4342 Roman Empire & Medieval World
- HIST 4371 19th Century Europe, 1815-1914
- HIST 4375 Twentieth Century Europe
- HIST 4376 Early Modern Europe, Renaissance to 1789
- MUSI 3358 World Music
- POLS 2315 Comparative Political Systems
- or any Philosophy course
(The above HIST courses may not be used by History Majors to meet the World Ideas requirement)
Location: Mabee Student Success Center, Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8426 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4475
Page last updated July 16, 2019