We are here to help Crusaders improve their academic game! Working with a Student Success Specialist is a great way to enhance your college experience. Our Student Success Specialists will help you with learning and life management strategies to help you succeed in the classroom.
Whether you are a freshman or a senior, everyone needs a little help here and there. Each semester brings new classes and new instructors which calls for new skills and strategies for success. We will work with you to develop individualized success plans and help you reach your academic goals through monitoring and communication with you throughout the semester. We can help you with organizing and managing your time, help you with note taking skills, test preparation, goal setting, and so much more.
Use the Navigate App to schedule an appointment with a Student Success Specialist.
An undergraduate student failing to meet the following minimum standards during a Fall or a Spring semester is automatically placed on academic probation for the ensuing “long” semester:
- Freshman 0-29 semester hours earned 1.8 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Sophomore 30-59 semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Junior 60-89 semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
- Senior 90 + semester hours earned 2.0 GPA on cumulative hours attempted
A student who enters the University on academic probation or who is placed on academic probation is expected to conform to the following regulations:
- Reduce academic load to a maximum of 12 semester hours
- Adjust work program to better fit the academic needs of the student
- Attend all classes
- Adhere to individualized academic action plan if deemed necessary by the student’s academic Dean.
To be removed from academic probation, a student must achieve all of the following:
- Achieve the overall GPA level required for the student’s classification.
- Fulfill individualized academic action plan if required by academic Dean.
Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress
Due to federal requirements, the Financial Aid office has set up guidelines to help students stay on track academically. If you find that your financial aid is in jeopardy, we can help you set goals and provide resources to help you meet the standards set through the Financial Aid office.
Location: Mabee Student Success Center • Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8426 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
email@example.com • Phone: (254) 295-4475
Page last updated January 28, 2021