Vehicle Theft Prevention
All U.S. cities experience auto theft problems. Historically, motor vehicle thefts have been primarily limited to carts on campus.
To protect your vehicle you should:
- Lock your car doors.
- Consider installing an alarm.
- Install and ignition or gas pump cut-off.
- Use a steering wheel locking device.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Check the condition of your vehicle on a daily basis.
Thefts from vehicles are also a problem. This takes place when an individual uses their car as an auxiliary locker, office, or storage facility. Property left in plain sight is an invitation to a thief to steal. The window gets broken out, the property gets removed, and the thief is quickly gone. The solutions are simple.
- Do not leave anything of value in plain sight in your vehicle.
- Place property in the trunk.
- If you have a hatchback or a similar type vehicle, place all property nearest the back, then cover it with a blanket.
- Always roll up your windows and lock your car when you leave it.
Emergency: 911 • Campus Police: (254) 295-5555
Location: Mabee Student Success Center, First Floor
Address: 900 College Street Box 8350 | Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm
email@example.com • (254) 295-4587
Page last updated September 27, 2018