UMHB Bicycle Registration Program
Bicycle Registration Schedule
Monday – Friday • 8 am to 5 pm • UMHB Police Department
Bicycle Theft is a Reality!
Each year, too many bicycles are reported stolen in our community. Help improve the chances of your bicycle being returned by registering it with the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Police Department’s Bicycle Registration Program. Your registration provides us with the necessary information so that if your bike is ever stolen, we would have a record of the serial number when you make your report. It would enable us to submit the information about your stolen bicycle into the law enforcement databases quickly.
You can register your bicycle at the UMHB Police Department at any time. Simply stop by the UMHB Police Department located in suite 107 of the Mabee Student Success Center or call (254) 295-5555. Additionally, UMHB Officers will conduct bike registrations at various sites on campus throughout the year. When you register your bicycle, you will need the following:
- Driver's License
- UMHB ID
When you arrive at the police department or other registration site:
- You will receive a bicycle registration sticker. Its tracking number is exclusive to you and indicates your bike is registered with the UMHB Police Department.
- Apply the sticker to your bicycle.
- The person registering the bicycle will record your contact information and bicycle serial number.
- We will also engrave your driver’s license number on the bicycle.
Why is a Serial Number Important?
Serial numbers are a set of characters that uniquely identify an object and can be used for traceability and warranty purposes. Serial numbers, however, are especially important when reporting stolen items such as bicycles. A serial number is a method to enter the bicycle in our state and nationwide computerized record system as stolen.
Inputting information about your stolen bicycle into these databases increases your chances of having your bicycle returned, and makes it possible to file charges against the person in possession of the bike.
Important Things to Remember
If your bike is stolen...
Immediately report any stolen property to your local law enforcement agency. If your bike was stolen while on campus, please call the UMHB Police Department at (254) 295-5555 to make your report.
Have your bicycle registration number and other identification information ready.
What if I sell my bike?
If you sell your bike after you have enrolled with the UMHB Police Department Bike Registration Program, contact the Crime Prevention Unit at (254) 295-5555 to notify us of the transfer.
Lastly, don't forget:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Always lock up your bike. Lock parts attached to the bicycle with quick release mechanisms. Use a strong lock; cable locks are easily cut.
- Lock your bicycle in racks provided by UMHB in a manner in which the bike cannot be easily removed.
- Ride your bike safely. Always follow the rules of the road, and be sure to keep a watchful eye on young riders.
- Routinely check on the condition of your bicycle.
- All bicycles must be removed from campus by the end of the spring semester.
- Cyclists must obey all traffic laws.
Emergency: 911 • Campus Police: (254) 295-5555
Location: Mabee Student Success Center • First Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8350 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm
email@example.com • Phone: (254) 295-4587
Page last updated September 27, 2018