Vehicle Rentals in Texas
A rental vehicle should be used only if the cost is less expensive than reimbursing the traveler for personal vehicle use. Remember, only UMHB approved drivers are authorized to drive a UMHB owned, leased, or loaned vehicle. Charges will be made based on actual vehicle usage. Contact Enterprise as soon as possible concerning special circumstances affecting the pick up or return of a vehicle.
TEMPLE SERVICE - Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- An agreement has been established with Enterprise for trips beginning and ending in Belton.
- Call Enterprise in Temple at 254-770-1342 or go to:
Provide the following when reserving a vehicle:
- Traveler’s name
- Department name
- Department phone number
- Date and time for pick-up and return
Travel in the United States
- Collision Damage Coverage or optional “Damage Waiver (DW)” as listed on the Enterprise rental agreement is not required.
- Optional Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) is not required.
- Traveler may wish to purchase at your own expense (WILL NOT BE REINBURSED BY UNIVERSITY) optional Personal Effects Cargo (PEC) coverage. PEC benefits apply to personal effects belonging to the vehicle renter. UMHB property is covered by specific insurance policies.
- Optional supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) is not required.
- If Travel is personal in nature,(NOT ON UNIVERSITY BUSINESS) the traveler may wish to purchase optional insurance coverage (DW, PAI, PEC, or SLP).
Travel in Foreign Countries
Traveler must purchase the maximum limits required by law in the country where travel is to take place for physical damage and liability.
For additional information about automobile insurance coverage and related information, call the Risk Management Department at 254-295-8635 or access the documents listed immediately below on the Risk Management website.
- Guidelines for Driving on Behalf of UMHB
- Approved Driver List
- Automobile Accident Report Form
- Automobile Accident Reporting Guide
If the traveler has an accident, it should be reported to University Police as soon as reasonably possible. The Accident can be reported by email (email@example.com), telephone (254) 295-5555 or mail (UMHB Station Box 8350). The Automobile Accident Report Form and Automobile Accident Reporting Guide can be downloaded and printed from the Safety website.
When traveling on University business, employees are covered by Workers’ Compensation Insurance for bodily injury sustained as a result of an automobile collision. However, to protect the employee and his/her estate it is essential that evidence be presented that the travel in question was University business, and evidence must exist in the University’s records.
Page last updated September 27, 2018