Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if the invoice total exceeds the total of the Purchase Order?
Accounts Payable is authorized to pay up to an additional 10% of the total Purchase Order with a maximum increase not to exceed $250. If the invoice amount exceeds this amount, a Requisition to supplement the existing Purchase Order is required.
- When is a copy of a contract required to be sent to the Procurement Services Office as back-up to a Requisition?
Any time a payment is made relevant to a contract; a copy of the contract is required. If the contract has previously been sent to the Procurement Services Office, it may be noted in the comment section by specifically listing the corresponding Requisition by reference.
- Should bids be documented in the comments section of a Requisition?
Definitely, the Requestor should include the name of the vendor and the amount of the bid. The omission of this information may cause delays in processing a Purchase Order if verification is required.
- Is there a dollar limit before I need to do a Requisition?
Yes, Budget officers can authorize a purchase up to $250.00 without submitting a Requisition. Completion of a Request for Payment is required.
- Where can I find a Request for Payment form?
This form can be found on the Controllers’ website under forms.
Procurement Services Contact:
Page last updated September 27, 2018