Charter Bus Services
Departments and organizations on the UMHB campus occasionally need to utilize charter bus services for local one-day trips or out of area extended multi-day trips.
Using the services of these preferred suppliers will give UMHB users some advantages and fewer responsibilities.
- There is no need to obtain competitive bids as would otherwise be required.
- There is no need to create individual, short-term contracts which must be reviewed by the Office of General Counsel and signed by a Vice President.
- Verification of University insurance requirements has already been done, and certificates of insurance for each preferred supplier are on file with the Office of Risk Management.
The following preferred suppliers may be contacted for charter bus services with destinations that are local one-day trips or for out of area extended multi-day trips.
- Clark Travel
12725 E. Hwy 209E
Manor, TX 78653
Vendor ID 36018
- Arrow Trail Ways of Texas
403 N. 2nd Street
P O Box 850
Killeen, TX 76540
Vendor ID 999000107
Procedures for Use
- When a department or organization on campus determines the need for charter bus services, they may contact one of the preferred suppliers listed above, by phone.
- Provide the supplier with as much notice as possible and provide complete trip information, including dates, itinerary, times for pickup, etc.
- Based upon information provided to them, the charter bus company will provide price and availability. NOTE: Contract prices do vary from company to company, so you might want to get quotes from more that one of the preferred suppliers, but it is not required.
The user will enter a Requisition, and Purchasing will send a Purchase Order to the selected preferred supplier.
Page last updated September 27, 2018