Your Right to Protection
Once sexual harassment is reported, the university can take immediate action to provide supportive measures to any student or employee complaining of or accused of sexual harassment or sexual assault.
The University will offer supportive measures as appropriate, as reasonably available, and without fee or charge to any student or employee making a complaint of sexual harassment or any student or employee accused of sexual harassment. Supportive measures are designed to restore or preserve equal access to the university’s education program or activity without unreasonably burdening another party. Supportive measures may protect the safety of individuals or the campus community and deter sexual harassment. Supportive measures may include:
The following are examples of Supportive Measures the University may make available, but other similar measures may also be provided:
- Excused absences from classes or leaves of absence
- Extensions of deadlines or other course-related adjustments
- Academic support services, such as free tutoring
- Providing an escort to move safely between classes and activities
- Providing parking closer to residence or classes
- Modifications of work or class schedules
- Mutual no-contact orders (prohibiting contact with another Party in person or by phone, email, text message, social network, or other means, including a third person)
- Adjustments to campus housing assignments
- Adjustments to campus work assignments
- Counseling services.
- Increased security and monitoring of certain areas of the campus
If the person who assaulted you is not a UMHB student, employee, or other member of the university community, the university can issue a "No Trespass Notice," which means that person will not be allowed to come onto the campus nor to attend any university events. You may wish to discuss whether any type of protective court order is available to you under the civil law system with the Belton Police Department.
Susan Owens • Title IX Coordinator
email@example.com • (254) 295-4527
900 College Street • Belton, TX 76513
Page last updated August 04, 2020