Before heading to the gym, check out our rules and information.
A valid UMHB CruCard must be presented to gain entry and use the Mayborn Campus Center facilities. The Mayborn Campus Center staff reserves the right to ask for an additional photo ID at check in, if needed, or to request a user to show a photo ID at any time during the visit.
Patrons and current UMHB students are allowed 3 “freebie” entries per semester, meaning entry without their UMHB CruCards, provided the Mayborn Campus Center staff can verify their identity through the Fusion software which will display the user’s photo on the computer screen. The Fusion software will track the number of entries without ID that have been used per semester. Once the three freebies are used, the patron will not be permitted entry. Patrons will only be granted access if they bring their UMHB CruCards from then on. The “freebie” count will reset each new semester.
Memberships are non-transferable. No one may use someone else’s UMHB CruCard to gain facility access. Unauthorized use of the UMHB ID is strictly prohibited. A UMHB CruCard not belonging to the bearer or of a suspicious nature will be immediately confiscated and the campus police will be notified.
Report missing or lost cards immediately. Lost, stolen or destroyed ID cards will be replaced through the CruCard Office. A replacement UMHB CruCard is $10.00.
Guests, 16 years and older, will be admitted when accompanied by a current UMHB student, faculty or staff member with a valid UMHB CruCard with Mayborn Campus Center privileges.
Guest fees are $5.00 daily. This amount is subject to change.
- Solicitation to gain facility access is prohibited and is grounds for refusal of entry, removal from a facility, and/or surrender of paid guest fees.
- The number of guests per member is limited to ONE per day. If an exception to the guest limit is needed, please contact the Mayborn Campus Center management.
- Each guest must present a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID, or passport) prior to entering upon payment of guest fees.
- The member assumes full responsibility for the conduct of his/her guest and any destruction of equipment or facilities caused by the guest. This includes social interactions and financial liabilities.
- Guests must remain and depart with their sponsoring members at all times. Members must check out equipment and towels for their guests.
- Guest passes are valid for one day only (all day, as long as they keep their receipt) and are non-transferable and non-refundable for any reason.
- Each guest’s name will be entered under the accompanying member’s profile in Fusion.
- Patrons must wear closed-toe athletic shoes in the fitness center.
- All attire must be modest.
- Patrons must wear shirts that do not have arm holes larger than one fist below the arm pit and that cover the midriff.
- A-Style tank tops (beater tanks), bra tops, or bare midriffs are not permitted.
- Blue jeans or pants with rivets are not permitted.
- Extremely short shorts and short spandex are prohibited.
- Wipe down each piece of equipment after every use.
- Re-rack dumbbells and weights after use.
- Use a spotter for appropriate free-weight activities.
- All members must have a workout towel (provided by the facility) while working out.
- Place all dirty towels in laundry hamper.
- Return treadmills to zero-grade before leaving.
- Limit workout times to 30 minutes if others are waiting.
- Horseplay & misconduct are not tolerated.
- Follow fitness center dress code.
- Use cubbies for personal items.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bikes or scooters
- No hanging on the basketball rims
- No entering through the gym’s side doors
- No food allowed; only drinks with lids are permitted.
- EXSS classes and athletic teams have priority for using the rec gym for practices when necessary.
- Clean tennis shoes and modest clothing must be worn while in the rec gym.
- Shirts must stay on while in the rec gym.
- If the rec gym is busy and people are waiting to use the gym, Mayborn Campus Center employees have the right to move a game to half court or to side courts.
- Horseplay and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Equipment in the loft area must remain in the loft.
- Weights from the weight room should not enter the rec gym.
- Please place personal items on the side of the gym opposite from the entrance.
- Wipe down equipment after every use.
- Re-rack dumbbells and weight plates after use.
- Use a spotter when necessary..
- If the facility is busy, please keep your cardio time to 30 minutes
- Horseplay and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Clean tennis shoes and modest clothing must be worn while working out.
- Short spandex shorts are not allowed (length is at the staffs discretion).
- Clothing designed to be undergarments are not permitted unless they are under clothing.
- Cut-off shirts with large arm holes are not permitted. (Measure with a fist under the arm; if skin shows underneath the fist, the hole is too big.)
- No jeans or pants with rivets
- No food or drink on the work out floor (Water bottles or fluid containers with tops are permitted.)
- Please use cubbies for personal items.
- Weights and equipment should not leave the Weight Room.
Mayborn Campus Center employees have the right to ask any patrons to change into appropriate clothing or exit the premises if they are not abiding by Mayborn Campus Center policies.
Location: Mayborn Campus Center
Mailing Address: 900 College Street, Box 8440 • Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-5576
Page last updated September 27, 2018