Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia
This May Minimester course is offered on the campus of Lithuania Christian College and International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania. Students can earn sophomore literature or Global Issues credit for the academic core by signing up for ENGL 2336 – Global Perspectives. By arrangement, English Majors and Minors may receive credit for ENGL 3335 – Contemporary Global Literature.
This 30-day experience includes:
- Travel to and from the Baltics
- Three-week academic term (four hours per day taught by UMHB faculty)
- Weekend excursions to various sites - Palanga, Hill of the Crosses, Dachau concentration camp in Poland, etc.
- Service learning with local churches and orphanages
- Explore literature of the Cold-War era and the 20th century with students from Eastern Europe as classmates.
- Discover the land that marks the divide between western and eastern Christianity.
- Gain an appreciation for foreign lifestyles and traditions through an interrelation with different languages, cultures, and mores.
- Cost: $5,200 (tentative)
- Includes round trip airfare, lodging, meals, in-country transportation, and admission to most museums/sites.
- Scholarships ($1,900), available to qualified students, reduce the overall cost to $3,300.
- A passport is required.
- Required UMHB-sponsored safety and health meetings prior to departure. These usually occur during the spring semester prior to the trip.
For more details about this trip, contact Dr. Stephen Barnes.See All Study Abroad Trips
Sandra Rodriguez, Secretary to the Dean
email@example.com • (254) 295-4557
900 College Street, Box 8008 • Belton, TX 76513
Page last updated September 27, 2018