The English Department pairs all incoming English majors with a dedicated English Faculty advisor. Recently, the department has begun a new policy of allowing majors to choose their own advisor after faculty introductions in the Intro to the Major Course (ENGL3100). This new policy allows students to meet and get to know the English Faculty, choosing the advisor that best suits individual student needs and interests.
Advisors work diligently with students to determine the best courses to fulfill each student's individualized degree plan. Whether students minor in Education, Writing, or Communication, the faculty will walk through the sometimes confusing registration process with students, maintaining regular contact with advisees to keep up-to-date on student progress.
So... get to know the amazing English faculty and let them help you take your career to successful heights.
Do you know who your Advisor is? If not, follow these steps so you can figure it out:
- Log into myCampus
- Select the "Personal Info" button underneath your name on the left sidebar
- Choose the "Academic Info" tab
- Your advisor(s) should be listed in the right column towards the top
How to prepare for your advising/registration session
- Become familiar with your degree plan.
- Know what classes that you have already taken and where they fit into your degree plan.
- Have questions ready for your advisor.
Sandra Rodriguez, Secretary to the Dean
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4557
900 College Street, Box 8008 • Belton, TX 76513
Page last updated September 27, 2018