The MSPA program at UMHB is slated to begin January 2021. Application for admission to the UMHB PA program will be available through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) starting in April 23, 2020 and closing August 1, 2020. Interviews with rolling admissions will start June 2020 and conclude in September 2020. This schedule will be followed for the continued application and admission process each year.
Below are the academic requirements to be an eligible candidate for the UMHB PA program.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university
- An overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale as calculated on the CASPA application
- A science GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale as calculated on the CASPA application. (This GPA includes all college science courses taken at regionally accredited institutions)
- Overall prerequisite GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale as calculated on the CASPA application
- All prerequisite courses must be less than 10 years old at the time of application. A grade of C or better is required for all prerequisite courses; however, it is strongly recommended that prerequisites be completed with a grade of A or B
Service Hour Requirements
In alignment with the university mission of leadership and service, the MSPA program requires applicants to have 100 hours of service-oriented volunteerism or work. This includes community work, Peace Corps, military, paramedic, firefighter, emergency medical technician, mission trips, religious, and environmental services.
Page last updated September 16, 2019