The application requirements for UMHB’s DPT program include the following:
- Apply through PTCAS at www.ptcas.org. The application deadline for the Fall 2019 cohort is January 15, 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.2 for last 60 hours of Bachelor's/relevant Master's degree; also, the minimum GPA in prerequisite courses is 3.0 (no grades less than a C will be accepted as prerequisites).
- Official transcripts from each college/university previously attended must be sent directly from the institution to PTCAS. Even though courses taken at one institution are noted on another college's transcript, applicants must submit transcripts from each institution attended.
- Resume including but not limited to:
- educational preparation
- work experience
- extracurricular activities and community service (experience in active volunteerism or service learning is desired)
- Three professional references (two of the three references must be from a physical therapist (PT) in each setting where volunteer/observation experience has been obtained). The two PT references must match two of the facilities for which verification forms are submitted.
- Verification of a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer/observation experience in each of two different physical therapy settings (a total minimum of 80 hours) - If additional hours have been obtained at other locations, applicants are welcome to submit additional verification forms to document their experience at every observation/volunteer site.
- Essay (will be completed at interview location - content to be determined) - Applicants requesting accommodations for the essay should contact the UMHB Counseling, Testing and Health Services Department.
- Interview (interview offers will be extended several weeks before each interview date)
Please note: The GRE is not required for admission.
All admissions documents must be submitted to PTCAS. Applicants may begin submitting materials to PTCAS at the beginning of July.
Page last updated June 05, 2018