The application requirements for UMHB’s DPT program include the following:
- Apply through PTCAS at www.ptcas.org. The application deadline for the Fall 2020 cohort is January 15, 2020. All admissions documents must be submitted to PTCAS, and applicants may begin submitting materials at the beginning of July.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.2 for last 60 hours of Bachelor's/relevant Master's degree; also, the minimum GPA in prerequisite courses is 3.0 (no grades less than a C will be accepted as prerequisites).
- Official transcripts from each college/university previously attended must be sent directly from the institution to PTCAS. Even though courses taken at one institution are noted on another college's transcript, applicants must submit transcripts from each institution attended.
- Resume including but not limited to:
- educational preparation
- work experience
- extracurricular activities and community service (experience in active volunteerism or service learning is desired)
- Three professional references (two of the three references must be from a physical therapist (PT). Physical therapists submitting references should be from the clinical sites where volunteer/observation experience was obtained.
- A minimum of 40 hours of volunteer/observation experience in each of two different physical therapy settings (a total minimum of 80 hours).
- Essay (will be completed at interview location - content to be determined) - Applicants requesting accommodations for the essay should contact the UMHB Counseling, Testing and Health Services Department.
- Interview (interview offers will be extended several weeks before each interview date)
Please note: The GRE is not required for admission.
Page last updated September 25, 2019