Tracks of Study
Family Nurse Practitioner
As a Family Nurse Practitioner, you will work autonomously with patients throughout their life span diagnosing illness, promoting wellness, conducting exams, and prescribing medications. Also, UMHB offers a Post-Master's FNP Certificate.
As a Nurse Educator, you will use innovative teaching methods and practical experiences to teach tomorrow's nurses the professional principles, nursing skills, and Christian values that will help them succeed in their lives and careers.
As a Nurse Executive, you will learn to help your nursing staff provide the best patient care possible, focus on the healthcare organization from a broader perspective and help promote the mission of the hospital or clinic in which you work.
Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
As an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, you will develop the skills to evaluate manage acutely ill patients across the hospital and clinic settings. In this role you have the ability to diagnose and treat medical conditions.
Degree Completion Requirements
The proposed degree is a 39 up to a 48 credit hour program. To graduate, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.00 scale. If the student earns more than one C, progression in the program will be evaluated.
- Completion of all degree requirements within five years of date of admission into the program.
- Graduates of the MSN program are eligible to take the certification exam for their respective disciplines.
- Download the course sequence for the Master of Science in Nursing degree. Within the course sequence are the core courses, and year two of the program provides the separation of courses by the individual track of study chosen by the student.
- Download the course sequence for the Post-Master's Family Nurse Practitioner's Certificate. The courses for this certificate are the final year of the MSN program for the FNP track of study, consisting of 24 credit hours.
For more detailed information, please review the Graduate Catalog.Catalog Information
Page last updated June 05, 2018