American Rescue Plan (ARP) Reporting
Cru CARES Emergency Financial Aid Grants
As of October 10, 2021
- Acknowledgement: University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (UMHB) acknowledges signing and returning to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement to be eligible to participate in Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF). UMHB assures that it has used the applicable amount of funds designated under HEERF to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Allocation: UMHB has been allocated $5,009,083 of American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Total Amount Disbursed to Students: As of September 30, 2021, $3,351,499 of these allocated funds have been disbursed to eligible students.
- Estimated Total Number of Eligible Students: UMHB identified approximately 3,600 students eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under ARP.
- Total Number of Students Awarded: As of September 30, 2021, 2,342 students have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants under ARP.
- Method of Awarding: To apply, all eligible UMHB students had the opportunity to complete and submit the online Cru CARES Emergency Grant Certification to certify that they had qualifying expenses. Qualifying expenses may include any component of cost of attendance or to offset emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as: tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental), and childcare expenses. The certification process began on August 23, 2021 with the deadline of September 3, 2021. Following the deadline, UMHB evaluated the qualifying applicants and awards were made as follows:
- Pell eligible students with completed certifications: $2,000
- Other Pell eligible students: $1,500
- Non-Pell eligible students with completed certifications: $1,000
- Guidance to Students: UMHB students were made aware of the opportunity to apply through email and the UMHB website. The following communications were sent to students.
Communication to qualifying students to apply for Emergency Financial Aid Grants:
We realize that many of our students are experiencing economic burdens caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. UMHB has been allocated federal emergency funding authorized through the American Rescue Plan (ARP). This ARP funding is designed to help UMHB students with any component of their cost of attendance or offset emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental), and childcare.
If you have qualifying costs, complete the online Cru CARES Emergency Grant Certification by Friday, September 3. By completing the certification, you are confirming that you experienced qualifying costs due to the coronavirus and are enrolled during the COVID-19 national emergency. After the certification period, UMHB will evaluate the volume of applicants to determine the amount of funding, if any, you are eligible to receive. All students will be notified by September 17 of grant award status.
I pray you and your family remain safe during this time.
Communication to qualifying students receiving Emergency Financial Aid Grants:
You have been awarded a Cru CARES Emergency Grant in the amount of $<amount>. Congratulations on receiving a Cru CARES Grant!
Please consider your preferred method of grant distribution and provide a quick response by completing the Cru CARES Grant Distribution form before next Wednesday, September 15, to avoid any delays in processing your grant funds.
The UMHB Bursar’s Office will initiate the disbursement of the Cru CARES Emergency Grant funds on Friday, September 24.
I hope that you find this grant helpful.
Page last updated October 08, 2021