Frequently Asked Questions
We have a rolling admissions policy, so students can start their application at any time. Our suggested timeline for the application process is:
- June - Start application process and schedule a fall campus visit.
- August - Request a high school transcript be sent to UMHB.
- September - Visit UMHB at a school fair or come watch the 2016 Division III National Champion Crusader football team play a game at the beautiful Crusader Stadium during one of our Cru Kickoffs.
- October - Submit your FAFSA starting October 1.
- November - Attend Preview Weekend. Financial Aid Awards are emailed out.
- January - Register for one of our six Sader Days.
- February - Begin registering for Cru Camps in April and June.
- May - Submit your enrollment deposit by May 1.
Admission requirements vary based on student type. Learn more about each student type, admissions requirements, and steps to apply for each, from our Admissions Process page.
First Time College Students: A limited number of students that do not meet regular admission requirements may be considered for admission into the Opportunity Program, a conditional acceptance program. Our Admissions Counselors can provide more information about this program.
Transfer Students: A limited number of students that do not meet regular admission requirements may be admitted on probationary status. Admission status will be based on overall transfer grade point average and academic standing at the last college/university attended. For further questions on this, feel free to reach out to our Transfer Counselor.
The SAT or ACT score is required for all first-time college students. Students are also required to submit a writing sample score from the SAT or ACT. (All students must request to take the writing portion on the SAT and ACT). First-time college students aged 25 or older, who do not rank in the upper half of their high school graduating class, will be required to take the ACT or SAT.
- ACT UMHB school code: 4128
- SAT UMHB school code: 6396
Yes, UMHB accepts scores as class credit from CLEP, AP, DANTES, and IB exams. In addition, certain scores on ACT or SAT subjects may receive credit for a UMHB course.
Our credit by exam chart outlines the UMHB course, the type of exam, and the required score to receive class credit.
Payments can be made on the Student Accounts Payment page.
Once a student has been accepted by the University, they will receive information on how to submit the enrollment & housing deposit. After the deposit has been paid, the student will be emailed instructions on how to complete the housing application. For further questions on the housing application, please call our Student Development Office at (254) 295-4590.
Students can send their transcript to UMHB through a variety of methods, including:
- SPEEDE (T-Rex, Naviance)
- Send EDU
- Clearing House
- Mail - 900 College Street UMHB Box 8004, Belton, TX 76513
- Fax - (866) 806-3813
- Email - email@example.com
While we do not accept standard application fee waivers, students can waive the application fee by submitting a 500-word essay on the prompt "Why Going to College Is Important To Me" during the application process.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex • Admissions Suite
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8004 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8 am - 5 pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4520
Page last updated December 12, 2019