Sigma Pi Chemistry Club
Sigma Pi Chemistry Club is an official Student Chapter of the American Chemical Society (ACS), the largest scientific society in the world. Since its charter in 1977, the student chapter of the American Chemical Society at the The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (UMHB) in Belton, Texas, has been recognized with ACS student chapter awards for 40 years.
The missions of the Sigma Pi Chemistry Club:
- to reach out to the community and spread the passion for chemistry and science to others.
- to maintain a successful Student Chapter with the national American Chemical Society.
- to provide educational, career-related experiences to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor chemistry students.
Some of our numerous activities include: National American Chemical Society Meeting, Demos in the Dark, Science Saturday, Adopt-A-Highway, Earth Day, and National STEM Day Celebration.
Requirements to join: To join Sigma Pi you DO NOT have to be a chemistry major/minor and you don't need to be in a chemistry class, the only thing you have to do is enjoy chemistry and the experiments we demonstrate.
Meetings are TBA throughout the semester via e-mail.
If you are interested in joining the club, or questions regarding chemical demonstrations please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Amy Millsap
- President: Aisosa Omere
- Vice President: Valerie Garza
- Secretary: Jenna Kurburski
- Treasurer: Morgan Raines
- Historian: Cristen Cost
- Public Relations: Anastasia Ousaklidis
- Safety Officer: Michael Truitt
Location: Bawcom Student Union • Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8006 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm
email@example.com • Phone: (254) 295-4229
Page last updated July 16, 2021