Employee Wellness Credit
Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
During the Flu season, FREE flu vaccines will be offered to all full-time UMHB employees and full-time employees’ spouses and dependents who are 18 years or older and currently enrolled in UMHB’s medical insurance plan.
Basic First Aid Class
Offered several times a year, you will be notified of the dates and times through a campus email. This class is 50 minutes and is free. It is not a certified First Aid course, it is meant for employee wellness credit only. If you would like to take a certifying course, contact the American Heart Association, one of the CPR providers listed below, or American Red Cross.
Heartsaver Adult/Child CPR Course
Certified through the American Heart Association. Offered to UMHB employees for the Wellness program. Course is instructed by Nurse Debbie Rosenberger, Coordinator of Health Services. Class will be held in the Health Center located in the Mabee Student Success Center, 3rd floor. Course is approximately 2 hours long.
The following are required for the course:
- Purchase Heartsaver CPR/AED book (copyright 2015 or newer) prior to course date for your personal use. You may purchase it online through American Heart Association or another source of your choice. A copy of the book is available at the Townsend Library for check out.
- Cost: $20 to UMHB (cash, check, or credit)
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to sit on the floor.
American Heart Association CPR Providers
If you are not able to attend one of the courses offered by the UMHB Health Center, contact one of the following CPR providers or another provider of your choice, fees vary.
- Simone Tucker (254) 535-4915 (UMHB)
- Daryl Hausam (254) 295-4239 (UMHB)
- Mark Wolf (254) 780-1005
- Brandon Miles (254) 939-8630
- John Larson (254) 760-3492
Page last updated January 08, 2018