The application requirements for the Ed.D. program include the following:
- Apply Online (with $35 application fee paid online)
After your paid application has been submitted and then processed by the Graduate Admissions Office, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail from WebServices with login information for MyCampus. You can log in and check your application status at any time.
- Official copies of college transcripts for master's degree (preferred 3.5 minimum GPA). Transcripts should be mailed from the institution to the address below or sent via e-script to email@example.com.
UMHB COE Graduate Admissions
900 College Street, Box 8017
Belton, Texas 76513
- Resume (including, but not limited to the following)
- Professional Background
- Education/Academic Background
- Certifications & Endorsements
- Professional Development & Specialized Training
- Community Service
- Five professional references (will enter information on application and do not need to be duplicated for resume)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Employer Support Form (download here)
- Academic Writing Sample
- Complete two-part interview
- Face-to-face interview with faculty
- One-hour timed academic writing response
- Submission of additional writing sample
Note: Texas law requires that all candidates in field experiences (including the practicum associated with principal or superintendent certification) must pass a criminal background review. Any candidate who cannot be cleared because of a criminal record will not be approved for a field experience and cannot obtain certification or be employed as an educator in the state of Texas.
All application documents must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office before an interview will be granted. Documents may be uploaded with the online application. Official transcripts are the only documents that must be sent directly from the institution. Recommendation letters may be uploaded by the referrer using the link above. The Ed.D. Program Director will be notified once your file is complete, and you will then be contacted for an on-campus interview.
- Applications for Cohort 15, beginning Summer 2021, are now being accepted.
- Formal promotion/recruitment occurs from September to January.
- Early application is encouraged.
- Application Deadline - Midnight on Friday, April 1, 2021
- Candidate interviews will be scheduled individually and conducted remotely.
- Cohort orientation will be held on a date to be determined.
- Cohorts begin each summer.
For more information regarding the Doctor of Education program, please contact the Program Director or College of Education Graduate Assistants. For assistance regarding your application, documents and status, please contact the Graduate Admissions Specialist.
Tentative Calendardownload calendar
For more detailed information, please review the Graduate Catalog.
Page last updated February 13, 2021