Application Deadline: There is not a firm deadline for admission. However, it is beneficial to apply anywhere from two to six months before applying for the Fall semester that you are interested in enrolling in the program. If you are interested in starting and are unsure if spots are still available, please contact the MCHS Admissions Chair, Melissa Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be considered until shortly before the class start date.
Applicants seeking enrollment in the Master of Arts in Counseling program must submit the following documents:
- A completed Master of Arts in Counseling program application and $35 application fee. ($135 application fee for international applicants).
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Official GRE scores (only if cumulative GPA or last 60 hours GPA is below a 3.0). A minimum score of 300 is required for the quantitative and verbal sections combined, and a 3.0 is required on the analytical portion.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to applicant’s character and ability to complete graduate work (from professionals, former instructors, bosses, etc.).
- An interview with the department faculty committee, which will be scheduled after the above documents are all received by the MCHS Admissions Office. On the day of the interview, you will be provided a prompt for a writing sample, which you will complete within the allotted time and with materials provided by the Graduate Counseling department.
All application documents must be submitted to the MCHS Admissions Office at the address below. Please note, you will need to upload your letters from your reference once your application is complete.
MCHS Admissions Chair
900 College St., UMHB Box 8402
Belton, TX 76513
For questions regarding the program, please contact the Director of Strategic Engagement or the Master of Arts in Counseling Program Director. For assistance regarding your application, documents, and status, please contact Melissa Williams, MCHS Admissions Chair, at email@example.com or (254) 295-4020.
*Admission to or completion of a graduate program does not guarantee licensure by any state licensing board.
Page last updated August 30, 2021