Missions Emphasis Week
MEW promotes global awareness, relationships, opportunities, and service. Come and hang out with missionaries and find out what is happening around the world and how you can be a part of it.Schedule of Events List of Seminars
And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:15
During MEW, you'll have the chance to meet missionaries, learn global news, and widen your perspective of missions though:
- Seminars: Throughout the week, missionaries will be conducting various seminars. These will be held in numerous locations on campus. Sometimes professors offer extra credit for seminars.
- Special MEW Events.
- Missions Fair: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm there will be a Missions Fair in the Bawcom Student Union (2nd Floor). This fair will include all of our missionaries, international and national agencies, and local mission opportunities. This fair is a great time to visit with the missionaries and receive tangible ways to begin personally fulfilling the Great Commission, both locally and internationally.
- Chapel: It is held in W. W. Walton Chapel at 10 am and 11 am on Wednesday.
- Church Engagements: Missionaries will be in local churches during the week.
- Classrooms: Missionaries have been invited to speak in various classrooms.
Monday-Thursday | 9 am - 2 pm | Bawcom
Come spend time with all of our missionaries! Learn about ways that they serve, countries where they have lived, and agencies that they work with.
Monday-Friday | 8 am - 5 pm | SO Conference Room
Visit the Prayer Room all week in the Student Organizations Conference Room for a variety of interactive, reflective prayer experiences.
Prayer and Worship Night
Sunday | 7:30-9 pm | Burt Pond
An evening of preparation for the heart, soul, body, and mind in regards to this upcoming Missions Emphasis Week. Come learn what MEW is all about and join in on some intentional prayer and worship.
Monday | 7:30-9 pm | Burt Pond
A taste of culture shared by missionaries from around the globe. Journey through the perspectives of those living sent and the places they've called home.
World Tour is a walk-through event where students will get to approach tables set up to resemble said culture, and learn about the culture, language, and ministry in fun and interactive ways.
Girls Night and Guys Night
Tuesday | 7:30-9 pm | Burt Hall and BSM
Both of these events are just what they sound. The girls are meeting up at Burt Hall for Henna, crafts, conversation, and a variety of snacks with the women missionaries. The guys will be grilling and having good community time at the BSM with the men missionaries.
All Missionaries are welcomed!
Tuesday | 9:15-10 pm | Luther Memorial
This is simply a mixer with games, snacks, and an opportunity to hang out with missionaries, all with a global twist.
Thursday | 8-10 pm | King Street
A time to unwind, mingle with students, and listen to live music- all while sipping on fresh, free coffee.
All Missionaries are welcomed!
MEW Missionaries have served all throughout the world.
Check out the map to see some of the areas our missionaries have worked.
If you have questions about any MEW events or seminars or you would like to learn how to get more involved, contact the Global Outreach Office at email@example.com or (254) 295-5402.