Chief Operating Officer, Dr. Steve Theodore sent the following statement to the UMHB campus today.
In light of weather conditions and power outages, campus will be closed on Wednesday, February 17 and all classes and assignments, including CRUflex, will be cancelled. While student housing continues to be without power, please be aware of the following:
- Mabee Student Success Center and Isabelle Rutherford Meyer Nursing Education Center are open 24 hours a day for students to get warm and/or charge electronic devices.
- Bawcom Student Union and residential dining continues to be open, and all students are welcome to eat regardless of whether they have purchased a meal plan.
- Bawcom hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Residential dining hours of operation are: brunch from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and dinner from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Any student who sees running water or any other weather-related issues that could be detrimental to facilities, let your RD or RA know immediately.
Regardless if power is or is not restored prior to tonight, warm buildings for sleeping will be provided:
- Ladies can go to the Isabelle Rutherford Meyer Nursing Education Center to sleep this evening beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- Men can go to First Baptist Belton to sleep beginning at 5:00 p.m. Please enter through the north entrance (by the playground).
- Students will need to bring their own bedroll, pillow, etc.
- Social distancing and mask-wearing will be a priority at both facilities.
- Student Life staff will be at all open facilities.
- Students must have IDs in order to access UMHB and First Baptist Belton facilities.
- If you need a ride to First Baptist Belton, please text (214) 704-1168.
We will continue to communicate with you as we learn more information. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented event.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:6