Welcome Week is where your UMHB journey officially begins. Moving into your dorm is just the start of a week designed to make sure you feel at home before you ever set foot into a classroom. You'll join a Cru Group of other students based on your major, led by UMHB upperclassmen just a bit ahead of you on the journey, and you'll keep in touch with that group throughout your first year.
Anchored in building community, Welcome Week is also full of activities and fun, no matter your interests or personality. There's even an event for your parents the first day, which should make both you and them happy!Register Now Welcome Week Schedule
Welcome Week has a bit of everything - plenty of fun, academic preparation, but also a spiritual emphasis and an opportunity for service. We come to college ready for an experience that makes it clear we're transitioning from high school to something bigger and better, and Welcome Week does that perfectly.
While months of planning goes into Welcome Week, we can't control everything, and sometimes plans have to change! Stay informed with the most up to date notifications on any changes by following UHMB Student Orgs on Twitter.
Follow Student Orgs
If you still need to register for Welcome Week or pick up your packet, our registration table will be in the 1st floor lobby of the Bawcom Student Union from 7:30AM-1:00PM.
Prior to arriving
- Congratulations! Your housing assignment has been emailed to you. Please review all Move-In instructions.
- Please make sure that you have completed your Housing Express Check-In forms. Instructions on how to complete these forms will be e-mailed to you during the summer, and you will be given a deadline for completion.
- Be sure to pack all items in rainproof boxes or containers.
- To avoid losing any belongings, prior to arriving please label all boxes/containers with student’s last name, residence hall name, and room number. [ex: Smith, Gettys #108]
- Consider purchasing items locally after move-in (ex: cases of water, food items, cleaning supplies for room, etc.). Belton has a Wal-Mart Supercenter and an H-E-B Plus near campus.
Plan to report at your assigned check-in time
We want to make moving in at UMHB a fun and enjoyable day. Due to construction on campus, it is necessary to adhere to your assigned time on the color-coded placard which also has your residence hall and room number. Exceptions will not be made to the traffic flow patterns on the day of Move-In Day. Students will not be allowed early entry to their residence halls under any circumstances.
On Move-In Day, follow instructions below:
- When you arrive at your residence hall, Move-In Staff will direct you to park in a temporary unloading area. The driver must stay with the vehicle until it has been moved out of the unloading area.
- Once parked, the student should go immediately to the residence hall check-in area and receive a room key.
- While picking up your key, the move-in staff will help unload your vehicle and place all belongings in a holding area outside the residence hall.
- After the car has been unloaded by our move-in staff, the driver will immediately be directed to available parking. Vehicles cannot remain parked in the unloading zones.
- One person in the party must stay with the student’s belongings as they are unloaded in the holding area while other party members and move-in staff help transport the belongings to the student’s room.
Move In Day Hours
|7:45 am – 5 pm||Campus Store|
|7:30 am – 3 pm||1845 Grill in Bawcom Student Union|
|11 am – 1:30 pm||Dining Hall in Bawcom Student Union
(families pay at the door for all-you-care-to-eat)
|7:30 am – 1 pm||Welcome Week check-in table (Bawcom 1st Floor Lobby)|
|8 am - 5 pm||Registrar, Bursar, Information Technology, all other business offices|
Move In Questions?
- Feel free to get in contact with us, and we will be happy to answer any questions or calm any nerves you might have. Contact the Student Development Office at (254) 295-4590.
- Be checking your email and our social media for updated move-in information!
- There will be a social at night to take a break from un-packing into your new home.
- Class Registration and financial settlements will be available for all students in Sanderford. For more information, please contact the Registrar's office at (254) 295-4510.
- View directions to the campus as well as a campus map.
Welcome Week is one of the best weeks you'll have at UMHB. You get to meet new people, dance all night, have a paint war, and get dubbed a Crusader for life. It starts the UMHB experience on the highest note!
Welcome Week Steering Committee
Welcome Week Steering Committee
Page last updated April 09, 2018