Current RA's Applying for a New Location
Please note that the Current RA application process is for RA's who currently have a position.
Thank you for serving UMHB as a Resident Assistant. We appreciate your contribution to the Residence Life Staff. As RA positions become available in other locations we allow our current RA's to apply, as well. Obviously, if you are considering changing your position, the first step is to notify your current RD that you are interested in another building. As a Current RA, you do not have seniority over those positions, but your current experience does make you a good candidate.
If you choose to apply for a new position you will need to complete a Current RA application and attend an interview. Please let your RD know if you are planning to participate in that process. If you have any questions, please contact the Residence Life Office.
The deadline for submitting the Current RA application is listed in the email you received announcing the availability of RA positions. The email will be sent by the Residence Life Office. If you have not received the email or if you need additional information, you can contact the Residence Life Office at (254) 295-4590 or email@example.com. You must complete the application and submit by the specified deadline date.
- February 17: Applications are to be submitted by noon.
- February 18: RA interviews will be held in Bawcom 3105 Conference Rm 3. Once your current RA application has been received, you will be directed to a link to sign up for an interview.
Within the application, you will be directed to create an email to send to your current RD requesting a character reference. Include in your request that they complete a confidential reference on your behalf and past he link listed on the application in your email. Please handle your reference request as quickly as possible to allow enough time for your RD reference to respond before your RA interview.
Basic Requirements for the Position
There are certain basic requirements to be able to apply and be interviewed for any RA position. Be sure you meet those basic requirements before filling out an application.
- Having lived in campus housing for 2 semesters. The semester you apply can be counted.
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.3
- Be in good standing with the university. You cannot apply if, at the time of application, you are on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Each semester, you are required to be a part of RA Programs that are offered to your building community. This includes, but is not limited to, meetings each week, being an active participant on a subcommittee, etc.
Please note: As an RA, you may be asked to use good judgment about attending specific events or functions that may compromise your position as an RA. An example would be frequenting certain types of local clubs or bars.
An interview will be scheduled for you after your application has been recieved.
The Current RA interview may be a panel interview with the Associate Dean and Director of Residence Life, and RD’s. You should dress appropriately for this interview as you would for any interview. For tips on interviewing, you can contact UMHB Career Services in the Mabee Student Success Center.
After all interviews are held, the RD’s will be given some time to make their decisions. You will be notified of the decisions made as soon as possible. Please note that if an offer is made to you, it will be the only offer.
The compensation for RA’s will be titled “RA Scholarship” on the financial aid award letter. The position is no longer part of the student work program. Please note that RA's are not allowed to have a work study position as well as the RA position.
- Apartment RAs: Head RA (HRA) receives $3,250 per semester. Regular RA receives $2,250 per semester.
- Traditional Hall RAs: Head RA (HRA) receives $3,750 per semester. Regular RA receives $2,750 per semester.
Residence Life Office
Location: Bawcom Student Union, Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8006 • Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4590
Page last updated January 28, 2020