Make-up exams are administered by appointment for students that have missed an exam due to an excused absence and have received permission from their professor to take make-up the exam at the Testing Center. Re-takes and departmental exams are not offered.
Fall and Spring Semesters
Wednesdays | 8:30 - 11:30 am and 1:30 - 4:30 pm
- March 11-15, 2019 (Spring Break)
- Final Exam Week (reserved for students with approved accommodations)
*Closures may also include campus-wide events and assemblies.
- Get permission from your professor to make-up your exam.
- Schedule online at least 2 business days in advanced.
- You are required to forward you appointment confirmation (RegisterBlast email) to your professor. This is very important!
- Ask your professor to submit the exam to the Testing Services office. Testing Services will NOT contact your professor to request your exam.
- Available on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited.
- Valid photo ID is required.
- Exams NOT offered on any other days. Make arrangements to test with your professor if you have any scheduling conflicts.
Testing Center Policy & Procedures
- Testing sessions are monitored/recorded through video surveillance. Footage provided to professors, Dean of Students, or other UMHB personnel if you are observed violating our University's Academic Integrity & Honesty standards.
- Abide by the Testing Center's guidelines and instructions from testing staff.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude towards testing center staff at all times.
- No talking, making distracting noises, entering/exiting loudly, slamming doors, or creating any other disturbances.
- Materials such as notes, textbooks, calculators, or other aids are only allowed per written instructions from your professor.
- Personal belongings such as cell phones, electronic devices, purses, backpacks, hats, heavy jackets, food, drink, textbooks, notes, or other aids must be placed in the designated areas. Empty your pockets of all belongings with the exception of your wallet/money.
- You are encouraged to not bring personal items to Testing Center. We are not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any items.
- You may not access any personal belongings during your testing session. Do not take anything out of your pockets.
- You may not leave the testing room for breaks to drink water or any other reason. Restroom breaks need to be taken prior to testing. If you leave for any reason including emergencies, the testing session is terminated and you will not be able to complete testing unless written permission is granted by your professor.
How to schedule an appointment
- Click the “Schedule Exam” button below. You will be redirected to the UMHB RegisterBlast scheduling page.
- Choose a group. Select “Make-up Exam (no accommodations).
- Choose an exam. Select the length of time needed to complete the exam. Refer to your professor if you are not sure.
- Choose a date. If the date is full you will need to select the next available Wednesday. Ask your professor if testing a week later will be acceptable. If not they will need to make arrangements for you to test with them.
- Choose a time.
- Complete all required fields. Be sure to use the email address you check most often.
- Needed information. Provide the information needed to administer your exam.
- Add to cart. Review your submission (in your cart) then click the “Complete Registration” button. If you do not click this button you will not be scheduled.
- Forward your confirmation to your professor. A confirmation email will be sent to your email. We will not notify them as we are not using Outlook calendar anymore. This is your responsibility. You may also need to contact them in person depending on how your professor likes to be notified.
Page last updated February 20, 2019