Spring 2020 Room and Board Refunds
UMHB will begin processing the Spring 2020 Room and Board refunds on Wednesday, April 22. Students whose on-campus housing was unavailable due to the COVID-19 campus closure will see their Room and Board refund reflected on their student account. The refund will be applied against any outstanding balance on the student account. If this refund results in a credit balance on the student account, student will have the option to leave the credit on account for a future semester or request a refund.
What do I need to do?
Look for an email in your UMHB Sadermail account from the UMHB Bursar's Office titled Spring 2020 Room and Board Refund. Follow the steps in the email to access the MyCampus form where you can select how to handle your Spring 2020 Room and Board refund credit.
Make your selection on the Room and Board Credit Form on MyCampus.
If you are are leaving your credit on your account, the Bursar's Office will flag your account so the credit will remain on your account. The next semester you enroll in classes at UMHB, the credit will automatically be applied against your student account charges. No further action is required.
If you elect to receive a refund, your refund will be disbursed using your current BankMobile refund preference.
- If you have selected the ACH/Direct Deposit or the BankMobile Vibe account option, the first disbursements related to room and board refund credits will be initiated through BankMobile on April 29, and every Wednesday thereafter.
- If you have selected a paper check, your check will be processed through the UMHB Accounts Payable Office. Paper checks may take 2-3 weeks to process and deliver through the mail. For faster receipt of your funds, you may wish to login to BankMobile to change your refund preference.
- If you do not have a preference selected when we initiate the first refund file on April 29, your refund will be delayed.
Make sure UMHB has your current mailing address, no matter which option you choose. To update your address:
- Log into myCampus.
- In myCampus, click on the myAccount tab.
- In the right-hand column, under Information Update, select Personal Information.
- Update your address information as needed and submit. Please allow 1 business day for this process to complete your updates.
If you have not made a refund selection through BankMobile and will be requesting a refund, please login to the BankMobile site and select your refund preference.
I have never logged into BankMobile. How do I get my Personal Code?
Contact the Bursar’s Office to request a new personal code. An email from BankMobile will be sent to your UMHB Sadermail email. UMHB representatives will process these requests Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Requests received after hours will be processed the following business day.
I have forgotten my BankMobile login. How do I get my login and password?
Select the Forgot Login Information link at www.bankmobilevibe.com Follow the onscreen prompts to reset retrieve your login information. You can also contact their customer service department at 866-309-7454 and follow the prompts to get to a Client Service Agent.
What happens if I don't make an election for my room and board refund?
If no selection is made by May 8th, UMHB will leave your room and board refund on your account for a future semester. If you elect to leave your room and board refund on your account for a future semester and later change your mind, please contact the Bursar's Office. Student can request a refund of credit balance on his/her student account at any time, according to UMHB's normal refund process.
Page last updated April 22, 2020