Parking Management and Enforcement
Suspension of Parking Privileges
Parking Decals are the property of the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor and may be recalled with parking privileges revoked by the Director of Public Safety. Any vehicle cited for violations of the Parking and Traffic Regulations receiving five or more citations within any twelve month period may have their parking privileges revoked.
When a person accumulates five violations during the course of an academic calendar year, on-campus parking privileges of the individual are automatically suspended. Should a suspended vehicle be parked on campus, it is subject to towing or being immobilized. A violation of suspension fine of $50.00 will be assessed in addition to any other fines incurred each time an additional citation is issued.
The violator may appeal his/her suspension to the Director of Public Safety in the Campus Police Department.
Reasons for Vehicle Towing
Your vehicle may be towed (without notice) for any of the following reasons:
- Violation of the University's Parking and Traffic Regulations
- If the vehicle is blocking a fire lane or hydrant
- If the vehicle is parked in violation of posted signs
- If the vehicle is parked next to a no parking sign/symbol or in a "red" curbed space
- If the vehicle is blocking one or more other vehicles
- If the vehicle is blocking a roadway, drive, entry/exit gate, or loading dock
- If the vehicle is parked in a reserved space
- If the vehicle is parked in a disabled space without appropriate plate/placard displayed
- If the vehicle is parked in a lot, area, or space that is designated as decal specific and it does not have a valid decal displayed
- If the vehicle is creating a real or potential safety hazard
- If the vehicle is parked in a lot or other designated area that has been reserved for a special event
- You have outstanding delinquent parking citations, are using a revoked, altered or stolen decal, or your vehicle parking privileges have been revoked
Important Things to Remember
- White lines mark faculty/staff parking
- Reserved spaces are marked by sign
- Yellow lines mark student parking
- Some lots are designated faculty/staff lots. Students may not park in these areas between the hours of 7:30 am and 2 pm.
- Commuter gold lots are designated by signs. Students who live on campus may not park in these areas between 7:30 am and 2 pm.
- Parking spaces are marked with lines on both sides of the space.
If you have any questions about parking polices, please contact campus police at (254) 295-4587.
Emergency: 911 • Campus Police: (254) 295-5555
Location: Mabee Student Success Center, First Floor
Address: 900 College Street Box 8350 | Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8am-5pm
email@example.com • (254) 295-4587
Page last updated February 01, 2018